im really curious what happened in those 22 comments
21 People On What They Would Tell Their 19-Year-Old Selves
- Jonathan, 55: There is no such thing as “the only one”. You will meet lots of “the ones”. Only commit when the timing is right for the both of you – that can take years for some, and that’s okay.
- Miranda, 24: Drop pre-med.
- Isaac, 48: Deodorant does not count as a shower, and that haircut only looked good on Bon Jovi.
- Anya, 42: Make the conscious decision to be happy, and then stick with it. Society will do everything in its power to convince you that your personal happiness is dependent on something external – beauty, success, wealth, etc. – it isn’t.
- Parker, 55: 60% of the things you think are important now won’t matter a whit to you by the time you reach 50. The trick is to figure out the important 40% and work it.
- Megan, 34: He doesn’t love you, and you will be okay.
- Peter, 58: Don’t let anything stand in your way of taking part (or all) of your junior year abroad. You’ll never again have quite the same opportunity to experience a foreign land, for an extended period of time, in your youth. It is destined to be one of the most memorable aspects of your life.
- Eleanor, 67: Talk less. Listen more.
- Donald, 27: There’s a huge difference between who you want to be and who everyone around you wants you to be. Figure out which is which.
- Camille, 56: Always remember: when falling off a horse, pull your tongue in.
- Jackson, 57: No one knows anything for sure. They’re all just doing the best they can with what they have, just like you.
- Vicki, 47: You’ll never have all the answers, so make every question count.
- Donald, 38: You don’t have to grow up to be the dad you never had.
- Katelyn, 30: Make the most out of college. You will never again be at a place where your only goal is to learn. Learn a lot, learn often, and learn with reckless abandon.
- Joshua, 55: Women love to laugh.
- Annabelle, 38: Drugs are not beautiful, glamorous or opulent. They are not a remedy, a solution, a cure-all, or a cure-anything.
- Colin, 50: You miss so much life when you sleep until 3 PM. Wake up to see sunrises; they are the most stunning of nature’s masterpieces.
- Eleanor, 26: Eating two pints of ice cream won’t make you happy. Neither will sprinting 10 miles. Be nice to yourself.
- Aaron, 52: Don’t forget to ask that girl in the Oberlin library what kind of perfume she’s wearing. You’ll buy it for her in 20 years.
- Scarlett, 54: Don’t be afraid to be yourself. Those that get you will love you, those that don’t, well, their loss. Just remember: Wherever you are, it’s a party.
- Zack, 9: I hope you’re awesome. And be nice to girls.
I give up, I give up, I give up! I would let my GA supervisor fire me already if I didn’t want to leave any projects incomplete and didn’t want to lose her respect completely. I just can’t take this anymore. I didn’t want to be a GA in the first place. I was flattered to be asked specifically for this position and project, and it clouded my judgment! I don’t care about having my education paid for like this. This is too frustrating and stressful and I don’t think I can do this another year.
Holy shit, this is the greatest
Okay, so, I’m running on the assumption that people are taking this seriously. If not, my bad.
THIS IS INCREDIBLY NOT WHAT HAPPENED
This woman’s name is Amy, and she owns a bakery/restaurant called Amy’s Baking Company. Not only do they serve the customers store-bought food under the pretense of it being gourmet and house-made, but they treat their customers absolutely terribly. This woman once chased two guys out of her restaurant because they had decided to leave after waiting 2 HOURS FOR THEIR FOOD. SHE WAS PISSED BECAUSE THEY DIDN’T PAY FOR IT. IT’S ALSO PROBABLY GOOD TO MENTION THAT SHE DOESN’T LET THE SERVERS HAVE TIPS, WHICH IF YOU’VE NEVER WORKED AT A RESTAURANT, MEANS THAT THEY GET PAYED FAR BELOW MINIMUM WAGE. AT THE TIME OF THE KITCHEN NIGHTMARES EPISODE, SHE AND HER HUSBAND OPENLY CONFESSED TO FIRING OVER A HUNDRED EMPLOYEES IN FIVE MONTHS. GORDON RAMSAY GAVE UP ON HER.
THIS WOMAN IS NOT A FEMINIST HERO
SHE IS A BATSHIT CRAZY FUCKING PSYCHOPATH
IF YOU DON’T BELIEVE ME, WATCH THE EPISODE ON YOUTUBE.
Ok sorry for commenting but this woman really is crazy. I went there once and she chewed mmy dad out for “being incredibly rude to her and her husband” and things along that linebuT THIS FUCKING WOMAN OK. SHE WAS YELLING AT HER EMPLOYEE TO WORK FASTER AND TO STOP BEING AN IDIOT AND SHE WAS TREATING THEM BADLY SO WHAT SOES MY DAD DO? HE LOOKS AT HER AND SAYS “STOP BEING A BITCH HE’S WORKING AS HARD AS HE CAN GIVEN THE WORKING CONDITIONS IN SCOTTSDALE OK?” AND SHE WENT OFF ON MY DAD BECAUSE SHE THOUGHT HE WAS BEING A DOUCHE AND NO, NO NO NO HELL NO HE WAS NOT. YOU DON’T PUT YOUR EMPLOYEES DOWN IN FRONT OF CUSTOMERS EVEN IF YOU’RE PISSED.
this freaked me out cause patrick got serious
Notice how Shan Yu doesn’t even question it or make a comment about “BUT YOU’RE A GIRL” he just instantly goes into a “I’LL TEACH YOU TO KILL MY MEN AND STEAL MY VICTORY” rage and I think about this a lot sometimes
((Well that might have to do with the fact that he’s a Hun. Women among the Huns had higher status than their Chinese counterparts and even some of their own men. Women were free to hunt and fight along side of the men, could choose their own husbands and divorce him if she choose to. There were even records of clans being led by women leaders. So for Shan Yu Mulan is just another soldier))
thank you, history side of tumblr.
He also might not have been able to see very well, due to whatever horrible disease has taken hold in his eyeballs.
Pretty serious Wilson’s Disease judging by the copper buildup in in irises, and apparent melanocytosis localized to his sclera.
Thank you medical side of tumblr
Daenerys Targaryen throughout the seasons